CEOTIS – Central Eastern Ontario Translation and Interpretation Services is housed at Quinte Immigration Services in Belleville. Our agency has provided precise, immediate, accurate and confidential linguistic translation and interpretation services to a large number of agencies, businesses and individuals for over 10 years. We are pleased to create an improved link between service professionals and limited-English speakers in over 125 languages.
We service the Central Eastern Ontario region from Lindsay to Brockville, Bancroft to Prince Edward County, for both translations and interpretations.
Mission and Goals
Effective communication between agencies or professionals and non-English speaking clients through competent well trained, ethical, impartial and linguistically fluent interpreters.
Equal access and equitable treatment for non-English speakers to Community Services in the fields of law, health, education, social services and immigration.
Through the adherence of provincial standards for interpretation, service providers and service systems will be more responsive to the diverse needs of our multicultural community.
CEOTIS Fast Facts
- CEOTIS stands for Central Eastern Ontario Translation and Interpretation Services
- In Central Eastern Ontario, over 25,000 people, (3.2%) do not speak or only understand limited English.
- Founded in 2002
- A division of QUIS: Quinte Immigration Services
- Covers Central Eastern Ontario:
- Lindsay to Brockville, Bancroft to Prince Edward County
- Sign Language Interpretation not available
- Approximately 300 translation assignments a year.
- All of our translators are:
- located in Canada
- Precise and ensure confidentiality
- ATIO (Association of translators and interpreters of Ontario) Certified.
- Document Drop Off Locations:
- Deposit required
- Translations completed in 7 business days or less
- Guaranteed accepted by all levels of Canadian Government
- Over 500 interpretation assignments a year
- All our interpreters are:
- Interviewed and screened for professional interpreter training and language testing
- Cleared by a police check
- Available 24 hours a day 7 days a week including statutory holidays and after hours (8pm – 8am)
- Interpretation options
- Face to Face: In person
- Message relay